I'm Going to Be A Big Brother!

Yes, as many of you may know I'm pregnant. We are excited to have another little Ashby join us at the end of the summer. I'm 13 weeks along...and its been a very long pregnancy-especially the past 7 weeks. (I clearly remember how bad it was with Ethan and put this off as long as we could!:) I've been extremely sick and in bed most of the time. But thanks to my dad and bob's help (and Tanya's phone support)I got through the worst of it and am starting to emerge to the living again.



As you can imagine, Ethan is very excited about the whole thing. At first he kept telling me to get the baby out so he could play with it. Now he just puts his ear to my tummy and says, "What baby? You want to tell me a knock knock joke? That's funny!" or "Mom, the baby says its hungry." Yesterday he went to the Dr. with me and heard the baby's heartbeat. Later Bob was asking him what it sounded like and Ethan said, "A train." (Which is farely accurate!:)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

So excited for you Em! Congrats! I am sorry you have been so sick (just think of it as a good sign for a healthy baby!) When are you due? Yeah!

Janeen said...

Congratulations! Jason and I are so excited for you guys!

Hendricksonblog said...

No one tell him that it means "get me a diaper ethan, be quiet the baby is sleeping, give the toy to the baby, dont make the baby cry, act like a big boy, can you find mommy the wipes, wait Im feeding the baby, just minute Im changing the baby, one sec Im cleaning up barf".......................yes there are many many things we must not tell him about this new baby hes so excited for.............wait until the day when he asks if you can take the baby back to the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dori said...

hey Emily congrats to my long lost friend! I'm so sorry about being so sick..I can totally relate..throwing up in the garbage can was an 8am..10am..all day ritual for all my preganancies...I literally sat on the couch and didn't move for weeks...at the time I didn't think I would survive! Good luck!

Tanya said...

yeah we can't wait to find out what it is!

The Blandon's said...

Wow, great news!!! I am glad you will be bringing another adorable child into this world. I am sorry you had to get so sick, I totally understand how you feel! Good luck, we are excited for you all.

Liz said...

Congratulations, Emily! How exciting! Your little boy is SO cute... how fun to have another! We recently changed our blog to "private", so now I have to add people- would you send me your email address? Thanks!
Liz (and Keyton)
emelineandjarom@live.com

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html