Best of Summer 2012: Fordyce's Lemon Cake & Pioneer Woman's Blueberry Muffin Recipe

{Cherish the Times}
For some summer may be long gone,
but not for this little Toady.  I've decided that summer isn't over until Cowabunga Bay {our local water park} closes...so I still have one more week. Yay!

To ensure that I will always cherish some of the simple joys we loved these past few months I've decided do do a little Best of Summer 2012 Series!  Yippee! And it will start with one GREAT farm in the Pacific Northwest...

{Fordyce Farm: Salem, Oregon}
And let me introduce you some of the best Lemon Cake imaginable.


Made by Mr. Fordyce himself. When his son came out of the kitchen with a little flour on his forehead and licking his lips recommending this cake that his dad just baked I couldn't say no.  And we (grandma and I) bought 2 pieces. :)


It takes even better than it looks.

{Mr. Fordyce: Farmer/Baker}
Ever since I can remember picking berries I remember the Fordyce Farm.  A family run farm that produces some of the best produce you can find on the planet.  And I've always been impressed with the farmer himself.  I don't know this man personally, but I've seen him around the farm...driving his tractor or guiding his help.  He has some sons that help him run the place and they are such great guys.


What is even more impressive is that this farmer is also a baker.  With his commercial grade kitchen I'm told (by his son) that he bakes 4-5 hours a day and LOVES it.  (This is besides being a Master Gardener, of course.:)

Here is one of my favorites he whips out...


and believe me when I say that he can't keep them in stock.

This year Marge, the boys, & I tried some their homemade ice-cream. Yum and Yum.


Fordyce Blueberries: What keeps up coming back.  
There isn't a better way to start the day than picking (and eating) these gems. 




{Best Muffins Ever}
And beside stuffing our faces with the berries until we can stand ourselves anymore, I sacrificed a few to make some of the best blueberry muffins ever.  Thanks to Pioneer Woman I once again gained 10 pounds this summer. (Okay, maybe it wasn't just the muffins...)  But this recipe was AMAZING.

You can find it on her website HERE.



Mmmmm. Just looking at this picture makes my mouth water.  Thank-you Mr. Fordyce and Mrs. Drummond.

-A Lemon Cake Berry Loving Toady

No comments:

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html